The American Music Theatre Project (AMTP) at Northwestern University partners leading artists in music theatre with Northwestern’s faculty, staff, and students to develop new musicals, bridging the educational and professional worlds through uniquely tailored new work processes. AMTP’s goal is to nourish and invigorate American music theatre by supporting writers in their early stages of development, creating new connections between the professional and academic communities, and increasing opportunities for education and training with Northwestern’s theatre, music theatre and dance programs.
- Nurture and advance writers, students and shows.
- Produce new and groundbreaking original music theatre.
- Foster an environment of creative teamwork to achieve greater possibilities.
- Encourage artists to take risks and grasp unique opportunities.
- Allow artists to focus on the art, free from distractions.